By Crystal Tardiff Chagnon
Happy New Moon, Spring Equinox and Solar Eclipse!
Holy crap balls do you feel the energy swirling? I feel giddy, excited with anticipation of something big. A lot is changing, like a big, big shift lies ahead on this Spring Equinox, solar eclipse and new moon.
That’s big stuff all at once!
The last couple of weeks things have been a shit show with stuff haven’t they? However, even though we went through the valley of the shadow of death, we came out okay in the end, didn’t we? Didn’t we?
We survived less than ideal circumstances and yet some of us came out on top. In the end, all worked out as it should. So today, this astrological and seasonal event is gladly welcomed.
It’s time to make a change, start that new beginning and dare to dream big. Take the leap of faith and walk upon an unknown or new path. Maybe there will be a new baby with this new moon, a new job, a new opportunity or new person in your life. Something new is on the horizon, fresh out of the gates.
So, enjoy the spring equinox—the change into a new cycle—a new forward movement and ending of the last cycle. This is the time baby. Get out there, try something, do something different.
Take a risk.
I pulled a card for this time yesterday and it is bang on: Divine. It’s the Destiny card, or in traditional decks the Wheel of Fortune card.
“Good luck and good fortune are now in your favor. A cycle of change, success and growth is imminent.” (It says this from the Psychic Tarot Deck by John Holland). Can I get a “hell yeah?!”
“Believe in destiny as you learn to let go of old issues.” If you have done your work, sorted through the stuff, good luck, good energy and new opportunities will find you and knock on your door. All you have to do is be open enough to receive them. Believe you are worthy, know that destiny is at play here and your soul path is being revealed.
Let the light shine brightly on the path ahead, see it and start walking on it…it is finally time!
Some New Moon & Equinox Ritual Ideas: Movement is key this month.
- In many yoga circles they welcome the seasonal shifts with 108 sun salutations. Now that’s a lot and perhaps we can’t do that many but if you enjoy yoga, perhaps do a sun salutation facing all directions. Start in the South and make your way West, North and then finally East. As we are in a solar eclipse that usually heralds, new beginnings and abrupt changes. Let’s honor the sun with this sun salutation sequence.
- Take a sun walk. (okay I totally made this term up but…roll with me). Take a stroll outside in the evening in walk in a giant circle, honoring and reflecting on the seasons of change and the transit of the sun. Be sure to walk in a clock wise direction and if you can, start in the south direction. Maybe walk around a track or even a trail or around your house. If you’re up for it, do four laps or circles to honor all directions. As you walk reflect on changes, new beginnings and dedicate yourself to Earth Mother for spring and Grandmother Moon. Imagine conversing with their energies like they were sacred beings as you walk. What do they have to offer you during this cycle of change.
- Last but not least…dance! I love this one song called Janjara by James Asher. Let your feet be drums on the Earth and dance in a circular manner. Again swirl in a clock wise direction and just let your soul move your body. This is a new moon and new cycle dance. Allow it to flow out.
Crystal Tardiff Chagnon is a Metis woman, Energy Intuitive and Spiritual Teacher. Her work focuses on Emotional and Soul Nourishment through helping women connect to their inner bodies, emotions and wild, tribal souls. She teaches them to re-connect to the ancient memory of body wisdom and the gift of Sacred Art. She’s started the Women’s Tribe, an online group of women who are reconnecting to their Wild, Tribal and Primal souls and that support each other to feed their emotional and spiritual needs. Visit her website to feed your soul or join her Facebook page: The Women’s Tribe.
Editor: Dana Gornall
Latest posts by The Tattooed Buddha (see all)
- What’s a Dog Know about Meditation, Anyway? - December 10, 2018
- What is Hanukkah and Did Oil Really Last 8 Days? - December 6, 2018
- Keep Your Moon-Pointing Finger to Yourself, Master: The Balance of the Teacher/Student Relationship - December 5, 2018