By Marcee Murray King
Four reasons why I am meditating in my tent:
I am outside of Fairbanks, Alaska, camping and visiting friends. The view is gorgeous here high up on the rolling hills, overlooking more rolling hills, and I am meditating in my tent. Why?
1. I already live in the country in Wisconsin with gorgeous views and landscapes and can meditate outdoors wherever I go.
2. There really isn’t any comfortable place to sit here because there are a lot of rocks and hard ground.
3. I meditate with my eyes closed so it doesn’t matter where I am.
4. It is so cold here and at 45 degrees Fahrenheit, I am wearing gloves (of course) and I want to be covered with my sleeping bag! I will save enjoying the scenery for hiking. Remember ANY spot can be the right spot to meditate.
Snapshots of meditation is a series where meditators submit photos of themselves meditating in daily life. Because we can’t all go down to a beach, scale a mountain or sit at sunrise in a forest to meditate. In fact, most of us will meditate on our couches, on our living room floors, or even in parked cars.
Want to submit a photo for Snapshots of Meditation? Send it here: email@example.com!
Did you like this post? You might also like:
- Snapshots of Meditation: Marcee Murray King - September 9, 2021
- How I Became a Yoga Teacher (and How I Forgave my Birth Mother) - November 15, 2020
- A Month for Me: Lovingkindness & Being Good to Myself - September 14, 2020